Did you, after all your friends bought your extensions, also open a Facebook page as the first step to put your hair extensions for sale? But how are you going to reach your audience, how are you going to improve your sales?
If you are online with your sales, sales do not come to you, you need to attract traffic to your Facebook page or newly installed web shop. You can start to use paid advertisements and pay for every person who clicks on it. But you need to be sure the advertisement attracts only people from your target group. If not, they just click away, or bounce as the experts call it, if they see your site and decide this is not what they were looking for. In that case you do not only loose the money for the advertisement, you also loose a potential client. So it’s very important to have the right advertisement visible for the people who are searching for your hair products.
So what else you can do to attract more traffic (people) to your Facebook page or website? Here are 10 steps that will boost your online hair extensions sales
1. If you have any business card or flyer put a free shipping coupon code on it. If you distribute your card or flyer while at a party or just in the shopping mall to girls interested in extensions, you know you get in contact with the right audience of hair loving women and even more important., you give them an extra good reason to visit your online shop! People do not like to pay for shipping, so they will be interested in your offer. Make sure you include in your selling price a margin for shipping; this will allow you to sell without the need to add that extra charge. And your sales will increase because you sell free of shipping, which seems to be cheaper.
2. If you offer a discount, make sure there is a time frame of two or three weeks before the offer expires. After all you do not want your clients to keep on postponing their visit to your shop, you want them to come and visit your shop while they are still hot
3. Make sure you keep on putting fresh pictures on your web shop. If your new shipment with new inventory arrived, share it with your audience and by doing so make them your clients. Make sure you post, tweet or shout the next two weeks about your new shipment with a direct link to your website
4. As people often use various social media platforms (Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Google Plus etc.) just post every day one message. Surveys shows specially women have a preference for Pinterest, so make sure you are present on this platform
5. If people order online or if they ask you questions make sure you record their email address. With the email address of people who bought from you before, you have a marketing treasure. First because these people already know your shop and the products you sell and you know exactly where to find them, in their own inbox! Tell them first about special offers, give them a coupon code as present, or just give them an update of what’s going on in your shop and the big hair extensions business. This will make sure they will not forget you if they are again interested to buy hair. Make sure it is easy for them to get unlisted from your mailing list, this is law but you do not want to irritate people with your products
6. Communicate to your clients in simple words. Everybody should understand for example your return policy. Do not try to make it a legal document, because that will only attract lawyers while you are looking for women that want to buy your hair
7. Once a potential client arrives on your web shop the selling should begin, so let them go to your offers right away. Let them first fall in love with your hair wefts and then start to register them
8. And the deal should be closed right away, if you use a payment provider, your clients can close the deal in one click instead of performing multiple tasks with the risk they loose interest.
9. Make sure your website is hosted with a specialist and not a cheap company without service. If you start losing clients because the site is offline your will never see them back, but you still have to pay the monthly payments for the hosting company. We recommend providers like Bluehost. Register with BLUEHOST to benefit from the low price and excellent service.
10. Keep on checking our website for any news and tips on how to boost your sales, or ask for our free eNews service